MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEET
1. Product Identification
Supplier : MiniScience Inc. (ChemicalStore.com)
Telephone number emergencies : 973-405-6248
- Chemical Product name : Sodium Dihydrogen Citrate Anhydrous.
- Citric Acid,mono Sodium salt.
- Trade Name : Mono sodium citrate Anhydrous.
- Product Code (supplier) :
2. Composition / Information about dangerous components
- Substances / Preparation :
- Chemical Name: 1,2,3-propane tricarboxylic acid; 2-hydroxy-, mono sodium salt
- CAS Number: 18996-35-5
- EG number: 242-734-6
- E-No. R-sentences: E-331- I
3. Hazards Identification
- Physical / Chemical Risks : Hygroscopic
- Environmental Risks : Data not yet available
- Health Risks : May be harmful by inhalation. ingestion or skin absorption. May cause irritation.
4. First Aid Measures
After swallowing : Large quantities may cause nausea, vomiting, produce acidic irritation of mouth and throat.
After inhalation : May cause coughing, sneezing and labored breathing
After skin contact : May cause irritation
After eye contact : May cause irritation
General : May cause irritation, some allergic reaction.
First Aid Measures
After swallowing : Wash out mouth with water. Give 2-3 glasses of
water or milk to drink. Induce vomiting. Get medical attention.
Inhalation : Remove to fresh air. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical attention.
Skin contact : Wash with water and soap and copious amounts of water.
Eye contact : Immediate and prolonged irrigation with copious amounts of water.
5. Fire Fighting Measures
Suitable : Carbon dioxide, dry chemical powder or appropriate foam. Water spray
Unsuitable : This material, like most materials in powder form, is capable of creating a dust explosion.
Specific measures :
Unusual fire/explosion risks :
Protection of fire fighting crews: Protective clothes, rubber gloves, self-contained
breathing apparatus, chemical safety goggles
6. Accidental Release Measures
- Personal protection measures : Respirator, chemical safety goggles, rubber boots and rubber gloves
- Environmental protection measures :
- Cleaning methods : Sweep up, place in a bag and hold for waste.
- Avoid raising dust. Ventilate and wash spill after material pick up is complete.
7. Handling and Storage
- Handling : Mechanical exhaust required.
- Storage : Avoid humidity and high temperatures. Note
- that material is slightly hygroscopic. Keep
- container closed. Store in a cool dry place.
- Packing Measures
- Suitable : Polyethylene-lined bags. Drums, big bags, etc.
8. Exposure Control and Personal Protection
- Technical Exposure control :
- Hygienic measures : Safety shower and eye bath mechanical exhaust
- Upper professional exposure limits
- Chemical Name
- "TLV" (USA) :
- "MAK"(Germany) :
- Personal protection measures
- Breathing equipment : Approved respirator
- Skin and body : Clothes
- Hands : Rubber gloves
- Eyes : Chemical safety goggles
9. Physical and Chemical Properties:
- Appearance : Crystalline powder
- Colour : White
- Smell : No unusual odour
- Boiling \ Melting point : 212°C
- pH : (1% solution) 3.5-4.0
- Solubility in water :
- Vapor pressure (air = 1) : Practically zero
- Vapor density (air = 1) : Not applicable
- Flash point : Not established
- Ignition temperature : Not established
- Lower explosion limit :
- Upper explosion limit :
10. Stability and Reactivity
- Stability : Stable
- Circumstances to be avoided :
- Substances to be avoided : Reducing agents. Oxidizing agents
- Dangerous decomposition products : Toxic fumes of carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide.
11. Toxicological Information
- Chemical Name : Citric acid, monosodium salt RTECS# GE7950000
- Acute toxicity
- Oral : May be harmful
- Dermal : May cause irritation
- Breathing wise : May be harmful
- Eye effects : Cause irritation
- Skin effects : May cause irritation
- Sensitivity :
- Chronic Toxicity : Has not been thoroughly investigated
- Carcinogenicity : Has not been thoroughly investigated
12. Ecological Information
- Ecological details of substance are not available.
- Chemical Name :
- Ecotoxicity :
- Exotoxicity :
13. Instructions for Disposal
- Disposal methods : Gather mechanically. Water soluble.
14. Transport Information
- UN Number :
- Road & Rail Transport
- ADR/RID Class :
- ADR/RID Class :
- Inland waterways
- ADNR Class :
- Sea transport
- IMDG Page number :
- Air Transport
- IATA Class :
- National transport laws :
15. Legally Required Information
- Danger designation : RTECS#GE7950000
- Safety phrases : S22-24/25,CH-4,WGK
- Risk phrases :
- National Regulations : EPA TSCA. section 8(B) chemical inventory
16. Other Information
Date of issue :
This information herein given in good faith and to the best of our knowledge. Since we have no control over the use of the product, we make no warrantee or representation, expressed or implied, other than that it conforms to the chemical description on its label. No agent, representative or employee of ChemicalStore.com (MiniScience Inc.). is authorized to change any terms of this notice.